Glenn Phyper served as a Staff Sergeant with the Toronto Police Service for 31 years, where he distinguished himself as a leader and innovator.
Glenn led/managed countless innovative projects, encompassing all aspects of policing; operations, investigative, administrative and financial; including, Toronto Police Service’s first “Counter Terrorism” procedure, project managed the development of the security plan for 1400 police and 2000 security personnel at the SARS/Rolling Stones concert (500,000 ticket holders), served as the lead planner for the largest urban missing person search in North America (Kayla Klaudusz), and was a member of the four-person Toronto Police implementation team, responsible for implementing the largest Police management review in Canadian history.
Upon retirement in 2007, Glenn has assisted clients in creating world-class, standards-based organizational resilience by integrating governance, risk, emergency management and business continuity principles into unified, practical solutions. These include:
- Invictus Games Toronto 2017 – Senior Security Advisor (honoured to be invited to serve as the security advisor to the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 – 14 months)
- Toronto 2015 Pan/ParaPan Am Games – Director, Security Integration (2 ½ yrs.)
- Recruitment and leadership of an exceptional, specialized team.
- Coordinating and integrating the planning initiatives of the nine police services of jurisdiction with TO2015 functional areas.
- Procuring (including sponsorship), operationalizing and reconciling all security equipment (magnetometers, wands, CCTV, X-ray, locks, etc.) Games-wide.
- Procuring (including sponsorship) and providing operational and administrative oversight of private security guard contracts for asset protection, access control, field of play, alcohol, FEI equestrian coverage, armory and broadcast security – Games-wide.
- G20 Summit Toronto 2010 – Lead Security Consultant, University of Toronto
- 2010 Vancouver Olympics – Manager, Bell Canada Security Command Centre/Operations
- Project Manager for threat/risk/vulnerability assessments and physical security plans for CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Forensic Services & Coroner’s Complex, Joseph Brant Hospital, Palace Pier, etc.