Under the direction of company management, the Shift Supervisor is a senior member of the team to help ensure that security resources are properly deployed and supervised.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise & manage the work performed by Security Guards & take any appropriate actions to enforce safety & policies.
- Setting up and maintaining patrol schedules for the security guards & acting as a liaison between the Clients & the head office.
- Responsible for assisting the client with activities taking place on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervise and coach security personnel, ensuring all staff are equipped and uniformed as per the standard prior to signing on-duty.
- Assist with coordinating training to include in-service and refresher training.
- Completion of Incident Reports and critiquing of security personnel Incident Reports in a timely manner, to include ensuring Incidents Reports are complete, accurate, aligned with the Standing Orders and distributed accordingly.
- Identify security awareness deficiencies and notify proper management.
- Complete all training and documents related to training when assigned a trainee. Ensure monthly follow ups are conducted and any additional training is conducted as required.
- Determine problem solving techniques in cases of access control, trespassing etc.
- Train new Security guards regarding protocol, company policies & safety procedure
- Controlling access to client site or facility through pre-approved access control and security systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Certificate in Law & Security Administration, Police Foundations or the completion of other post-secondary education is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a security supervision / management capacity is an asset.
- A proven record of experience supervising security teams and/or functions.
- Excellent personal computing skills to include all office related products and familiarity with specialized security applications.
- Working knowledge of property management operations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with an emphasis on multi-tasking and shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain professional demeanor under very stressful situations.
- Must be self motivated and consistently show initiative.
- Monday to Friday.
- 8-hour shift
- 40 hours a week
JOB TYPE: Full-time
PAY: $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION:
- Security Guard Licence (required)
- CPR Certification (required)
WORK LOCATION: In person
|Job Category||Security Supervisor|