Executek International is currently hiring event security for one of our higher profile clients in the GTA.
Executek International is a service-driven security guard provider focused on superior client support, staff training & development, employee motivation, and ensuring a low turnover rate for our partners.
We aim for all employees to be friendly & considerate, have enthusiasm for a job well done, maintain integrity in all of their interactions, provide quality work & outstanding service, all while striving to be the best in all we do.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spot or Prevent thefts.
- Detain anyone suspected of theft, vandalism, or violence.
- Patrol designated areas to verify any unlawful activity.
- Ensure all safety measures are in place to protect the establishment and patrons.
- Maintain a safe environment by performine routine security checks.
- Report any criminal acts to local law enforcement.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Must have a valid security license, and work visa where applicable.
- Must own a black suit (Black dress pants/black blazer), white collared dress shirt, black tie, and black dress shoes (Black tie and white collared shirt can be purchased from Executek)
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and enjoy working with people.
- Must have an intermediate to high-level comprehension (includes reading, writing, and speaking) of the English language/strong reporting skills (oral and written)
- Ability to follow complex instructions, to enforce rules/protocol with authority and work to ensure a safe & enjoyable client/guest experience; multi-tasking is key.
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Surveillance: ability to be constantly aware of your surroundings; head always on a swivel.
- Objectivity: be able to look at and assess a situation with an open mind.
- Judgement: ability to use good judgement when looking at a potential situation.
- Dependability: on-time for a shift means you’re late; if you can’t make a scheduled shift, provide ample time to find a replacement.
- Emotional Control: you need to be able to de-escalate a situation calmly and effectively. The only way to do that is with a calm and clear mind, keeping emotion out of it (see Objectivity)
- Integrity: you must be able to practise and encourage open and honest communication and take full responsibility for your actions
- Preference will be given to those with Smart Serve Certification
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to pick up jobs at other sites (if wanted)
- Job Type: Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- Part-time hours: 8-40 per week
PAY: $16.55 per hour
- Weekend 12-hour shift
- Weekday 8-hour shift
Security Guard Licence (preferred)
Smart Serve (preferred)
|Job Category||Security Guard|